Thursday, February 26, 2009

Apparently, My Building Is Ghetto.

Okay, first, this has nothing to do with bike racing, but bike racing can be sketchy and this was most certainly sketchy, so cogito ergo sum, it is appropriate to post this here. DO NOT QUESTION MY INFALLIBLE LOGIC.

Second, last night I was wearing my Sponge-Bob onesy and drifting off to sleep when I heard someone out on the street screaming like an effing banshee. The screaming was followed by an insane amount of banging, which was followed by a dog barking, which was followed by the sound of gunshots. Now I live in Brookline, which is certainly not Beacon Hill, but is not exactly the sketchiest neighborhood in Boston, either. It's mostly college students and orthodox Jewish families and is relatively quiet, so you can imagine my ever-so-slight surprise at the sound of gunshots just outside of my apartment. Curious, I looked out the window to see a man entering an older Ford Explorer and driving off in something of a hurry. I pondered this for a few minutes, and determining that it was probably safe to emerge, I went downstairs to make sure everything was alright.

Well, everything was not alright. A window was broken, a door was off of its hinges, and there were some very shaken up, very stoned individuals milling around that broken door with a very shaken up, very stoned pit bull. I asked them what happened, and apparently a fight occurred outside involving my sketchy ass downstairs neighbor (who is almost certainly a massive drug dealer - my entire building constantly smells of weed) and some dude with a gun. Said dude with a gun pointed said gun at said dealer neighbor, said dealer neighbor screamed like said banshee, and tried to get inside by smashing said door and said window. Said dealer neighbor's pit bull then escaped through said broken door and freaked out on said dude with a gun, and said dude with a gun tried to shoot said dealer neighbor's pit bull in the face, then fled the scene in said older Ford Explorer. The cops came and took statements, then went off to eat crullers (and a bear claw).


Awesome.

2 comments:

Talula said...

http://www.siouxlandmarketplace.com/images/classifieds/pitbull%20stock.jpg

Kyle Bruley said...

I wanna live on Summit Ave too!