Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Crust

Sunday was warm. I mean seriously, really really warm. Like 45 degrees warm.

Sunday was so warm, the snow crust on the side of the road was melting all over the road, bringing all of Boston's dirt, mud, and salt into the road with it. Sunday was also very crusty.

After I finished riding my bike, my bike was very crusty. It was crusty with a salty, muddy, dirty dirt-like crust. Cleaning that crust off of my bike was pretty hard, so I put my bike in the shower and the crust went down the drain. Problem solved!

Also, I felt really strong on Sunday. I put up some good numbers, too, and set a new 5 min personal best while climbing the Great Blue Hill. Check it out:


Those are solid Cat 2 numbers for someone with my waifish anatomy:


I'm about to head out for three hours today, with a hard threshold workout crammed somewhere in the middle. It looks like it might rain, too. Aw well, bring on the crust.

1 comment:

Talula said...

It's gonna be in the 50s for the next few days! Yay warmth and crust!